- Dates: Senior examinations will be held between Wednesday 12th September – Tuesday 18th September.
All Year 11, 12 and 13 students are on examination leave during this time.
- Location: Examinations will be held in H1-H3 with workshops and teaching sessions held in other venues. Please check the venue listed next to your exam in the table below.
- Study Room: H5 will be available for senior students during examination week if they require a quiet place to study.
L1 Accounting – H3
L2 Maths w Statistics – H3
L3 Statistics – H3
L1/2/3 Food Technology –Wholegrain Organics (8:50am-11:05am)
L1 Art – G6
L2 Drama – H3
L2 Physics – H3
L3 Business – H3
L3 PE – Gym 3
L1 Mathematics – H3
L2 English – H3
L1 History – H3
L2 History – H3
L3 History – H3
L3 Calculus – H3
L1 Mathematics MCAT – H3
L1SCP (9:35am-11:05am) – H10
L2 Maths w Calculus – H3
L3 Accounting – H3
L3 Art – G6
L3 Photography – G6
L1 English – H3
L2MAS/L2FDT clash – H3
L3MAS/L3FDT clash – H3
L3 Physics – H3
L1 Dance – G1
L1 Drama – H3
L1 Geography – H3
L2 Art – G6
L2 Business – H3
L2 Geography – H3
L3 English – H3
L1 Economics – H3
L1 Music – H3
L2 Biology – H3
L3 Biology – H3
L1 Science – H3
L2 Chemistry – H3
L3 Chemistry – H3
L1 Commerce – H3
L1 PE – Gym 1&2
L2 PE – Gym 1&2
L3 Drama – H3
- Ensure that you have all the equipment you need (pens, pencils, calculator, etc.) in a clear plastic bag.
- Bring refill to write on, but your pad will be checked as you enter the room.
- Write in blue or black pen only.
- Calculators may only be taken into examination rooms for subjects where you have used a calculator during the year. You cannot keep notes or routines in the memory of calculators.
- Normal school uniform is to be worn.
- Follow all instructions of any supervisor.
- You must remain in the examination room for the entire time, unless specifically told otherwise by subject teacher.
- Cell phones/iPods are NOT to be brought into the examination room.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Make sure you have been to the toilet before the examination.
- Do not borrow equipment from someone else.
- Do not talk to, communicate with, or do anything to disturb other students.
- All work you hand in for marking must be your own.
- Do not read or copy another student’s work.
- Do not write or draw anything that could be viewed as offensive
- Consider what you know about your preferred learning style e.g. writing summaries, making colourful visual diagrams, recording notes and listening to them, making flashcards
- Follow the guidance of your subject teachers carefully and ask questions early.
- Make up a study timetable and stick to it.
- Reward yourself with short breaks or time for sports, etc.
- Have a separate place to study away from distractions with a desk or table
- Organise your notes and read over carefully.
- List key points & ideas and connect them to each other.
- Make summaries of notes in your OWN words.
- Practise memory work – give yourself tests.
- When reading texts, have an aim – what are you looking for?
- Use index and chapter headings.
Here are some useful links to help you with study:
StudyIt.org.nz / StudyAndExam / Study.html
NZQA Study tips and tricks Video (Youtube)